Marketing and Communications Intern
About This RoleThis is a full-time role. If you are a smart, ambitious and creative natural communicator who is looking to obtain real life experience in a fast-paced environment, we have the perfect learning opportunity for you! You will work closely with the Director of Brand & Marketing, as well as a PR agency. In this position you’ll learn how to launch a product in a competitive market, learn how to strategically pitch the right audience, perfect product copy, create media kits and gifting boxes, work with influencers and journalists, as well as manage important day to day tasks that will set you and the marketing team up for success.
- Provide assistance with the company's PR strategy and brand mission.
- Provide strategic input and feedback on PR lead initiatives.
- Work with a PR agency and attend biweekly meetings.
- Assist in story telling that showcases relevant PR mentions across all brand channels.
- Assist in writing media announcements, pitches, launches, and press releases.
- Assist with social media content creation and strategy.
- Assistant in product launches.
- Manage and update media and influencer databases.
- Conduct research and perform market analysis.
- Complete administrative duties.
- Assist with influencer outreach and gifting.
- Create and edit blogs.
- Create copy for the website.
- Conduct biweekly reporting on all PR and influencer efforts.
- As a skincare company you must be passionate about the industry.
- You will be working with technology, so must be fairly proficient (think spreadsheets, social media, etc).
- You must be a multi-tasker who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- You must be a great communicator. This is critical to the role and connecting with our audience and relevant media.
- You must be organized and have a can-do attitude.
- Work closely with a team of experts in the DTC start-up world
- Develop relationships with key media contacts
- Skip the line consideration for full time positions
- Great company culture
- Instagrammable office setting
- Office snacks & beverages
- Free access to award winning skincare
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
Bushbalm is on a mission to solve common skin concerns the beauty industry has long ignored.
Think ingrown hairs, dark spots, razor burn and more.
We're striving to be the #1 product line focused on bikini line skincare.
Why Join Us
Since 2016 we've grown our team with industry experts and skincare enthusiasts. Bushbalm is in such a unique place, as we're in the heart of beauty and crossed with e-commerce.
By joining you'll understand what goes into a fast growing direct-to-consumer beauty company.
We do have staff who work remotely, but our HQ is in downtown Ottawa.
We're still a small, tight knit team. Most of our team is located in Ottawa, Canada, but we now have employees spanning across the world remotely.
To date, Bushbalm is in over 1,000 waxing salons, on the shelves of Indigo, Urban Outfitters and more.
We're growing our team and departments at a fast pace. Our most mature departments are Marketing and Product Development.
Other departments that are well established include Operations, Customer Service, Design and Finance.
Our team is primarily headquartered in Ottawa, Canada.
We're open to remote candidates, but would like to hire first in Ottawa, so we can gather easily. In regards to your workday, we are a flex model and allow employees to work remote when they wish.