Packaging & Production Graphic Designer
About This Role:
This is a full-time role. If you are a smart, ambitious and self driven individual who is looking to join a fast-paced, rewarding environment—we have the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Packaging & Production Graphic Designer, you’ll work directly with the Product Development Manager creating product and packaging innovation, adaptation updates, and production artwork for Bushbalm’s products. The skincare industry is a competitive market, and we need our packaging to stand out on a shelf amongst all the other colourful/vibrant and busy products already on the market.
- Working closely and in partnership with Product Development Manager with projects from concept to final approval, ensuring integrity of creative concept is kept in focus throughout.
- Establish the conceptual and creative direction in collaboration with Senior Designer of Brand.
- Create 2D and 3D mockups for internal team and product photography.
- Design technical drawings for new products and packaging development
- Ability to design for print and digital production.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of printing and output processes.
- Must understand the production of 4-color photography, specifically as it relates to packaging mechanicals and printing processes.
- Typeset artwork for all products/packaging information required for press (e.g. ingredient lists, images, titles, UPC, logos, claims, measurements, weight, description, warnings, instructions/directions of use, origin of production, etc.)
- Review production artwork for accuracy: stock, label vs. hangtag, illustration/picture used, Pantones, text line reflow, legible printing; correct size, scannable UPC, final proof revisions, compliance with legal size requirements.
- Must be able to make judgment calls and implement necessary adjustments to typography layouts in a timely manner.
- Must be dedicated to backing up files regularly to avoid loss of work
- Organize and maintain production files and assets on the design drive.
- Ideally you’re passionate about skincare!
- 3+ years of experience
- Degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Mac system/software
- You have strong 2D design skills and 3D modeling ability
- You have a deep understanding of artwork production for the North American/European CPG/DTC market .
- Must possess strong product and packaging design and layout ability as well as a good understanding of print production.
- Understanding of dieline layout and how to read packaging dielines.
- Execute fast-turnaround design requests as required
- Have patience to go through the process and provide revisions.
- Be able to accept/receive feedback from Stakeholders and then apply it.
- Ability to manage several projects at once and work within tight deadlines without compromising quality.
- Ability to work with other designers/creative thinkers and collaborate to come up with the best creative solutions.
- Passion for design and ability to conceptualize out-of-the box ideas.
- Agency or in-house experience
- Fluent in French
Ideally, You Are:
- A curious, critical thinker and big ideas person who can be depended on for a unique perspective.
- Has a strong creative point of view and takes initiative to drive projects forward.
- A constant curiosity and passion for design; you come into every new opportunity ready to learn and make yourself better.
- Work as a team player, solicit feedback and value input from others
- Self-sufficient and organized.
About Bushbalm Skincare:
Bushbalm is a skincare brand that solves common skin challenges, such as ingrown hairs, dark spots and razor burn everywhere on the body. Think bikini line, underarms, legs or the tush. The company is headquartered in Ottawa’s Little Italy and is on a mission to be the number one skincare product for the bikini line and underarms.
Bushbalm is one of Ottawa’s most attractive startups due to its unique product line, ecommerce first business model, and largely untapped retail opportunity. Learning and growing are fundamental to Bushbalm and you are sure to do both once immersed in the fast-paced culture. In 2020 the company landed a deal on Dragons’ Den and became the 3rd fastest growing company in Ottawa. In 2021, the company was awarded Ottawa's Fastest Growing Companies and in 2022, the CEO was recognized as Ottawa Business Journal's 40 under 40.
- Work closely with a team of experts in the DTC start-up world.
- Health benefits.
- Competitive compensation structure with performance bonuses.
- Lifestyle spending account.
- Office culture and environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free access to award winning skincare.
Bushbalm is on a mission to solve common skin concerns the beauty industry has long ignored.
Think ingrown hairs, dark spots, razor burn and more.
We're striving to be the #1 product line focused on bikini line skincare.
Why Join Us
Since 2016 we've grown our team with industry experts and skincare enthusiasts. Bushbalm is in such a unique place, as we're in the heart of beauty and crossed with e-commerce.
By joining you'll understand what goes into a fast growing direct-to-consumer beauty company.
We do have staff who work remotely, but our HQ is in downtown Ottawa.
We're still a small, tight knit team. Most of our team is located in Ottawa, Canada, but we now have employees spanning across the world remotely.
To date, Bushbalm is in over 1,000 waxing salons, on the shelves of Indigo, Urban Outfitters and more.
We're growing our team and departments at a fast pace. Our most mature departments are Marketing and Product Development.
Other departments that are well established include Operations, Customer Service, Design and Finance.
Our team is primarily headquartered in Ottawa, Canada.
We're open to remote candidates, but would like to hire first in Ottawa, so we can gather easily. In regards to your workday, we are a flex model and allow employees to work remote when they wish.